Massage Therapy is an essential part of our integrative approach to healthcare at ZenChi Wellness Spa. We are experienced in Swedish, Deep-tissue, Sports massage among others, in addition, we are specialized in Chinese Therapeutic Massage, also known as Acupressure or Shiatsu. Acupressure is similar to acupuncture, yet the therapists use their fingers to apply pressure on the point instead of a needle. This technique may be used for the client who has a strong fear of needles. Acupressure is system of massage techniques that are specific to certain muscular problems. It is frequently used for people who has stress and tension, anxiety and insomnia as well as for athletes’ pain syndromes.
ZenChi Healing Stone Massage incorporates, heated and cool Basalt and Jade stones that are placed on the body or used for massage (balancing the yin/yang of the body). It is not only raved about due to the relaxation effects, but is also extremely affective for treatment on inflamed areas, improving circulation and stimulating nerve endings… just divine!
The Jade itself is a very healing stone, used for centuries in releasing toxins from the body, as well as helping the body and the heart chakra to heal. In Chinese culture, Jade is considered the health, good fortune, peace and longevity stone.
When heated or cool, smooth stones are placed on certain points on the body, alternating temperatures bring deep relaxation, produce vitality, release toxins and reduce inflammation. The therapist may also hold stones and apply gentle pressure with them. One stroke with a heated Basalt stone is equivalent to seven strokes by hand and when combined with the cool Jade it’s 80 X more POWERFUL! The combination therapy acts much like a vascular flush, comparable to hydrotherapy and thermotherapy. It increases blood circulation, reduces stress and anxiety, and flushes the internal organs and circulatory system helping elimination of toxins from the body. ZenChi Healing Stone Massage is also good for people who have muscle tension but prefer lighter massage. Even if you’re healthy, the comfort provided to remove any fatigue accumulated by a hard day’s work is undeniable.
Couples Massage is a great way to experience a massage at ZenChi Welness Spa - two people share a room during their massage, with each person on their own comfortable table and different therapists. We are one of the few massage and spa businesses that offers side by side couples massage. Our rooms are designed for a comfortable relaxing ambience for you and your partner. You can talk to each other, or be silent the whole time letting your mind decompress and relax. Experience this with someone you care about, are close to, mothers and daughters, couples, sisters, or a good friend. Is your spouse or partner new to this experience? This is a great opportunity to introduce them to the relaxing and healthy benefits of massage.
General Massage Tips
1. Enjoying a light or small meals just before a massage is fine, but do avoid eating a heavy meals which may cause discomfort.
2. Taking a shower or soak before a session is recommended to begin warming and loosening any tight muscles you may have. Our tranquility suites offer standup shower and vichy shower.
3. Communication is very important during the session. Do remember this is your time, so please give your therapist feedback regarding amount of pressure, speed of movement, etc. during your massage.
4. Some people like to talk during a massage session, while others remain silent. If talking helps you clear your mind, or focus yourself, then talk. If silence helps you concentrate and releases various stress patterns, then you need not speak.
5. It is important to drink extra water after the massage. This will assist in the overall cleansing process and help to keep your body hydrated. If you are sore later, try drinking more water.
6. Massage has cumulative benefits over time. The more you receive, the better you will feel. Research has shown that receiving massage once a month is the minimum required to receive the cumulative benefits.